Sexualities/Genders (And Other Terms One Should Know)
- Heterosexual: Male-identifying individual sexually attracted to a female-identifying individual, and vice-versa.
- Homosexual: Someone attracted to someone of the same gender as themselves.
- Bisexual: Sexually attracted to two or more genders.
- Polysexual: Sexually attracted to many genders, but not all.
- Pansexual: Sexually attracted to all genders.
- Demisexual: Sexually attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- Asexual: Having no /sexual attraction/ to others; having no desire to have sex.
- Heteroromantic: Male-identifying individual romantically attracted to female-identifying individuals, and vice-versa.
- Homoromantic: Attracted romantically to the same gender.
- Biromantic: Attracted romantically to two or more genders
- Polyromantic: Attracted to many genders (but not all)
- Panromantic: Attracted romantically to all genders
- Demiromantic: Romantically attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- Aromantic: Having no /romantic attraction/ to others; having no desire to be in a romantic relationship.
- Polyamorous: Someone who is attracted to, and is comfortable with being in a relationship with more than one person at a time.
- Transexual/Transgender (Term depending on generation and location): An individual who identifies as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth to be. Often shortened to trans
- Cisgender: Someone who identifies as the gender that they were assigned as at birth. (ex. matches their birth certificate) Often shortened to cis
- Intersex: Someone who has ambiguous genitalia that doesn't fit into our strict dichotomy of uterus or testes. Often forced into surgery to correct their genitals at a very young age, causing psychological and physical harm later in life
- Nonbinary: Outside of the gender binary of male and female. (Can be used as an umbrella term or as its own identity)
- Genderqueer: Outside of the gender binary. (**This is not an umbrella term like the post said before I edited it! Do not use this as an umbrella term for nonbinary individuals, simply use 'nonbinary'. Queer is considered a slur and not everyone likes to be associated with the word)
- Agender: Someone who feels gender neutral, or someone who experiences a 'lack' of gender.
- Bigender: Someone who identifies as two separate genders.
- Trigender: Someone who identifies as three separate genders.
- Genderfluid: A gender that changes, or is 'fluid'.
- Demigirl: Identifying partially as a woman, but not wholly.
- Demiboy/guy: Identifying partially as a man, but not wholly.
- Dmab: Designated Male at Birth.
- Dfab: Designated Female at Birth.
- Amab/Afab: Same as dmab/dmab, except with 'assigned' instead of 'designted'.
- Camab/Cafab: Same as previous, except prefixed by 'coercively', to highlight the lack of choice.
- Reblog to inform! And if there's any I missed or anything that should be clarified, please message me! Always looking to expand the proper vocab. : )
- **I edited this post because it used some archaic and incorrect terms/definitions, and needed more terms added to it. -Vivian Mareepe
i have never been so upset about a fav like this?
basically what she’s saying is, call her by her right nationality. why every time it’s poc in america, they’re recognized by their descent? it’s always african-american or asian-american when most of the people getting called that haven’t even been to their descendant country. why do we have to be called our race followed by “-american” while white people don’t? you don’t hear white people calling themselves poland-american or irish-american. and you wanna know why? because that’s another way white people try to separate themselves from us, try to be on a higher level than us. they always want to be on top and look down on us. so that’s why they identify us minorities in that way. so raven isn’t shaming herself in any type of way, she just doesn’t wanna be identified in their way.
Amy Winehouse vs Paparazzi 2011.
amy had the mean dropkick
InkTober 11 - Prompt from zapiarty: “Uhura singing while Scotty listens adoringly.”
First Uhotty drawing what whaaaat~!
How to deal with your mistakes:
How NOT to deal with your mistakes:
Demisexual Spock is my headcanon dont talk to me