- He spoke at least three languages. French, the old language of the aristocracy and Black family heritage; German, from his mother’s side; and at least a smattering of others, both from formal lessons by childhood tutors, and tidbits picked up by his precocious young mind via travels though Europe / nursemaids / books.
- He played the piano, a product of his blue-blood upbringing.
- He had probably learned the basics of a formal sword duel for the same reasons, though nothing remotely practical.
- The members of the House of Black never used the front door. It was both uncouth and forbidden. Worse, it could lead to contact with Muggles.
- Sirius hated being trapped in that house.
- The motorbike started as a Muggle Studies project. The professor, who’d had one too many brushes with his family and their ilk, hated the sight of him at first. He graduated as her favorite student. The day he was arrested, she resigned.
- Animals loved him.
- He was already unhappy with his family when he left for Hogwarts; James Potter may have played an important part in the trajectory of his life and beliefs, but the wheels were already turning when he stepped onto that train.
- This probably had something to do with Andromeda, who could have been already married to Ted and blasted off the tapestry at this point.
- Muggle punk rock.
- He was good at Divination, and it was his fourth favorite class. (After Muggle Studies, DADA, and Care of Magical Creatures.
- He tended to be fairly dismissive of anyone he deemed stupid.
- He was completely aware of how good-looking he was.
- When he wasn’t being an arrogant snot about it, he rather despised the fact that he was so fawned-over for something that was the direct product of hundreds of years of prejudiced pureblood inbreeding.
- He didn’t believe in keeping children ignorant of the war. He was a child when his great-aunt told him Muggles were good hunting for sport; his brother was a child when he joined the Death Eater ranks and learned how to torture; the Hogwarts Express was emptier from murdered children every year; his best friends were children when Voldemort marked them for death. Ignorance kept people scared, the government fumbling, and his friend robbed of basic human rights.
- He believed, like a lot of teenagers who grew up angry and disillusioned in the 1970’s, that the revolution was theirs and their place was at the front of the battle lines.
- There were two things he’d have died for -
- The cause was one of them.
- His friends were the other.
- - and he did.
The cat is all “Well, this is not what I expected to happen…”
neither of them is actually gay
i whisper angrily as i close out yet another tab of slashfic
they both have genuine emotional, romantic, and sexual attractions to women in canon
and genuine emotional, romantic, and sexual relationships with women
so unless you have a damn good theory about how they were faking that the entire time
they’re not gay
#oh my god same though like#when people just make characters gay even though they’ve had canon hetero love interests or whatever like#why#you dont have to do this#there is actually a sexuality specifically for these people#it is not gay#it is bi#they are bisexual#why this (via savingsergeantbarnes)
your tags are just so spot on [sobs into hands]
the casual bi/pan erasure in fandom is so frustrating
"My response to the “I am not a feminist” internet phenomenon….
First of all, it’s clear you don’t know what feminism is. But I’m not going to explain it to you. You can google it. To quote an old friend, “I’m not the feminist babysitter.”
But here is what I think you should know.
You’re insulting every woman who was forcibly restrained in a jail cell with a feeding tube down her throat for your right to vote, less than 100 years ago.
You’re degrading every woman who has accessed a rape crisis center, which wouldn’t exist without the feminist movement.
You’re undermining every woman who fought to make marital rape a crime (it was legal until 1993).
You’re spitting on the legacy of every woman who fought for women to be allowed to own property (1848). For the abolition of slavery and the rise of the labor union. For the right to divorce. For women to be allowed to have access to birth control (Comstock laws). For middle and upper class women to be allowed to work outside the home (poor women have always worked outside the home). To make domestic violence a crime in the US (It is very much legal in many parts of the world). To make workplace sexual harassment a crime.
In short, you know not what you speak of. You reap the rewards of these women’s sacrifices every day of your life. When you grin with your cutsey sign about how you’re not a feminist, you ignorantly spit on the sacred struggle of the past 200 years. You bite the hand that has fed you freedom, safety, and a voice.
In short, kiss my ass, you ignorant little jerks.”"
#don’t even talk to me about Jim’s face in his last panel #He was so ready to stick Spock Prime with that jibe about cheating #but Spock doesn’t miss a beat #and not only does he again repeat the fact that they are old friends #but he says that he learned from Jim #Jim who doesn’t have a scrap of true self confidence in this universe #Jim who - in response to Spock Prime’s words - doesn’t smile #doesn’t blink #doesn’t quirk an eyebrow flinch or shrug#he just stares back #like he’s waiting for the punchline#but it doesn’t come#and that’s almost worse #because he knows how to deal with people who dislike him #he knows how to handle rejection and insults #but he has no idea what to do with the total acceptance he feels from this old Vulcan #has no idea what a rough-and-tumble adrenaline junkie like himself could ever have done to earn that much respect #from anyone#let alone the brilliant - albiet irritating - man currently in the captain’s chair #don’t even talk to me (anifanatical)
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THIS IS FROM
Quicksilver & Quicksilver